Friday, December 12, 2014

Everyone was exhausted after the parade was over. The heat was scorching and there was barely any wind to cool us off. Thankfully no one had fainted, which would have made our performance suffer.We were all parched so we scanned around the area near the bus for a source of water. Casey found some water bottles that one of the chaperones was handing out and grabbed them for us. We were so thirsty that we drank them in a single gulp. After Matt had finished the last of his water, he spoke up. "Hey guys, I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I have some bad news" he looked downtrodden. "We didn't win first place. One of the other schools received the award." We all let out a collective sigh and lamented our loss. "However, I have some good news as well. We were able to win second place!" Matt suddenly became cheerful, and so did the rest of us. I smiled, but I realized however that it didn't matter if we one first, second, or even last place. All that mattered was being able to do what you love and be with your friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment